Ready. Set. WRITE! is an online writing intensive to help stay accountable with your writing goals over the summer and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on whether planning, drafting, or revising! Your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman. Find the rest of the details HERE.
Today is the first day. And that means today is all about setting goals. (Oddly enough, M just finished reading a book all about goal setting for work and he had me draft my goals along with him, so I’d already set my goals at least through mid-July. This works out nicely!).
Here are my longish-term book goals:
- Write 1,000 words/day (or at least 7,000 by the end of each weekend if the day-to-day gets too insane)
- Have a 100-page sample of my WIP and a synopsis for my editor by my mid-July deadline for the option book on my contract
- Come up with a title for my WIP
- Read at least one ARC a week from the backlog I’ve been amassing
Now for my immediate goals this week:
- Finish chapter 3 and write chapters 4 and 5
- Read ARC of The Quick by Lauren Owen
I’m one of those people who works much better with a checklist and deadlines with specific goals. I’m excited to be doing Ready. Set. Write! to help keep me accountable and get words on the page this summer.