Ready. Set. WRITE! is an online writing intensive to help stay accountable with your writing goals over the summer and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on whether planning, drafting, or revising! Your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman. Find the rest of the details HERE.
1. How I did on last week’s goals
I rocked all of my goals this week. I mean rocked. I revised/edited over 420 pages this week, which equals one whole book and the first 100+ pages of another. I also drafted a synopsis for the WIP and I read a book. Holy hell am I tired.
2. My goal(s) for this week
- Write 5,000 words on the WIP
- Revise the synopsis for the WIP until it shines
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
The phrase that best describes my week is tightening. I cut a lot of words and really tightened the prose and removed unnecessary description and made it all much, much stronger.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
Confidence. I flipped back and forth between really loving what I have written and thinking it’s total crap. It’s probably somewhere in the middle, but it’s been stressing me out to no end this week.
5. Something I love about my WIP
I’m loving that it finally feels like it’s coming together. I have over 47,000 words and though I still have a long way to go, it feels like a book now, not just an idea. And that is very cool.