It’s Writer Recharge time again! That’s right, a full month of goal-setting and holding myself accountable for writerly things. I participated last year and it really kept me motivated all month. Here’s hoping for another great month.
Hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Sara Biren, Writer Recharge is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.
This year, the hosts have come up with a few categories to help you set your goals. You can choose a goal (or goals) as you see fit:
- WRITE/REVISE – Choose writing goals for the month.
- READ/REREAD – Read a book that’s been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you.
- STRETCH – Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you’re afraid of heights – that kind of thing.
- SELF – Do something good for your mind or your body.
- CONNECT – Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work.
- FUN – Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to
How Writer Recharge works:
- First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post on Sara’s post.
- Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on our Monday posts.
- Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
- Friday, February 27: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
- Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win a fabulous prize package at the end of the month.
My Goals for Writer Recharge:
- Write/Rewrite: I’ve got two options here, so my first goal is to decide if I want to dive back into my abandoned adult magical realism romance or start the shiny new YA that has me all kinds of excited. Either way, I need to write a minimum of 2,000 words a week. Also, I need to finish my read-through/edits of WISHES TO NOWHERE and send to betareaders so I can get this R&R back to an agent by the end of the month.
- Read: Read a minimum of four books this month, with two those of those being ARCS that are sitting in my NetGalley account.
- Self: Start/complete the 14-day workout challenges I’ve been staring at for a few months now.
- Fun: Find an artist for the new tattoo I want and seriously look into getting it.