How I did on last week’s goals:
- Define magic and world of new YA book idea: Got a good start on this and will keep adding to it as I figure out this new world.
- Plot out new YA book: This got back-burnered due to receiving edits from Awesome Editor a week earlier than expected. This week though, it’s on!
- Finish reading ARC of SIX OF CROWS: Finished. And, damn, this book is amazing!
- UNEXPECTED WORK: I knocked out all edits from my editor and brainstormed potential new titles.
My goal(s) for this week:
- Plot out new YA book
- Write 1,500 words in new YA book
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
The kiss was long and sweet. A promise of everything yet to come.
The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write):
I seriously struggled with trying to give two characters a HEA when I purposely left their love story open ended. But Awesome Editor wanted them to get their happy ending, so I had to find a way to make it work. Once I got past trying to make it a BIG moment and just let the characters be themselves, it finally clicked. (See my favorite line above!)
Something I love about my WIP:
I love that in the past year, I have ripped this novel apart, pieced it back together then reworked it a few more times, and all of that effort paid off in a contract with a kick-ass agent and dream editor/publisher. Plus it involves magical pie.