How I did on last week’s goals:
- Write 2,500 words in new YA book: I got over 3,500 words this week! (And I’m almost at 15,000 total!)
- Finish prep for RAI treatment and isolation next week: Low-iodine snacks? Check. Clean the guestroom so my husband and cats have a place to sleep? Check. Decided the leafy sea dragon is the animal I need to be close to when I am radioactive to get superpowers? Check.
- Read something if I have time: I started reading THE SCORPIO RACES by Maggie Stiefvater, but I’m only a few chapters in so far. Hoping to read more this week while I’m isolated.
My goal(s) for this week:
- Write 2,500 words in new YA book
- Get RAI treatment and don’t go crazy being in isolation for a week
- Read something if I have time
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
Tobin cocks an eyebrow at me. “Passive aggressive baking or mass-murder cover up?”
My smile shouldn’t come so easily. Not after what the guys did this morning. Not after the way my conversation with Tobin ended last night. But there it is, settling in on my face like it owns the goddamn place. I meet Tobin’s gray-eyed stare and say, “Salted caramel doesn’t cover up the flavor of blood. For that you need red velvet. But thanks for letting me know not to call you when I need help hiding the bodies.”
He fights his own smile so it comes off as more of a smirk. And it’s like a gun cocked and loaded, finger on the trigger. One wrong move and this boy could blow my chest wide open.
The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write):
Stress. My brain is too full of stupid health issues to really focus as much as I’d like. I’m tired and cranky because of the low-iodine diet I’m on until after the RAI treatment and isolation end and it’s just hard to focus some days. Hopefully in a few weeks I can really buckle down and get a lot more words. But at least I’m on track to meet my summer goals even with the stress.
Something I love about my WIP:
My characters are pretty damn cheeky. I love that.